Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reminiscing...

Reminiscing....so today Emma and I were cuddling. She had her cheek laying on my cheek and it was so sweet! And then I immediately thought about last year at this time....how she hated to be touched...her skin hurt to be touched....and how it broke my heart that touching her made her health go down....how you would instantly hear the alarms go off that she was desatting and her heart rate would go down...and then the guilt I would feel....how far we've come.
And then I was reminiscing about Olivia....to think that she has come from 2 lb. 9.4 oz. .....and she is up to 19 lb.....wow! She hurts my arms when I hold her too long. I remember how hard to was to not see their faces from having those masks on...how I got to hold her for the first time.
So Friday is their 1st birthday....what a year! And they have overcome so much! We got rid of Emma's pulsox machine today. One more check off of our list. They will get weighed tomorrow when early intervention come to check on them. I'm always anxious to see how much Emma weighs. I'm hoping for over 12 lb.
I'm sure I will be reminiscing some more the next few days....some hard times and good times...but they always end in the fact that they have come so far and have beaten all odds.

1 comment: